Why Would You Like A Website?
As a business you will already have considered this and critically analysed the pros and cons. You may have decided for example (among other reasons):
- That it will be more cost effective than other more traditional means of advertising
- That it will increase Exposure: allow your business to be viewed by anyone in the world by reaching a wider audience 24/7
- It will reduce costs: massively reduce your marketing and advertising costs and accurately track the results of your internet advertising campaigns
- It will look professional: great web design increases your credibility and establishes trust with potential customers
- It may be quicker and easier to maintain current information (eg Yellow pages changes infrequently)
- You could grow your customer base - Make it easy for your customers to get to know you and do business with you
- Your existing customers may not know about all of your products or services.
- You suffer the risk of lagging behind your competitors
- It could enhance the image of your business.
- You can make it interactive, thus encouraging visitors to return to your site
- You can easily keep it current and updated, again encouraging visitors to return to your site
- It's more cost effective than the Yellow Pages
Why Use Mobius MBL?
- We have a strong background in IT and business consulting
- We have sound commercial awareness of the needs of small businesses
- We are a small business ourselves and understand the management issues and budget constraints
- We can assist you in establishing a web presence
- We can assist you with your other IT related issues
- Our rates are unrivalled in this market
Where Should You Go From Here?
First, you will have to have some idea of a web strategy, preferably before even talking to IT Consultants or Web Designers. Of course, these professionals can assist you in refining your strategy, Click here for some ideas on developing a web strategy
When you are ready to actively develop a Web Site, take some ideas from our approach. In designing and building web sites, most of our projects will follow the same general process:
- We will meet with you to introduce ourselves, and to assess and evaluate your requirements.
- Determine the degree of content you require and if you have that content available. This will include banners, logos and pictures. This is often the most time consuming aspect of web site development. The problem is that we cannot determine your content, only you can do that.
- If you have it available in soft copy, excellent, we can take it and format everything in a standard format for presentation on the screen.
- If it is not available though, you will need to work on that.
- At the meeting, we will run you through a selection of templates and hopefully choose one for prototyping. This is not hard and fast, and can be changed by you at will during the development.
- We will then take some time to analyse the information collected, and present you with a firm quotation for the work.
- We will prototype an overall structure for your website, hopefully with your content inserted. You can then review this.We continue to build and revise the design with you until you are satisfied.
- Once you are happy with the overall package, we conduct extensive testing and debugging, both in our own premises, and once we are happy, we continue that testing with you, making revisions where required.
- Once you are happy with the project, we will then transport the web site to your hosting environment.
- If required, we can then discuss arrangements for administration of your site. In many, if not most cases, you will be able to do this yourself, perhaps after some training delivered by us.
- Alternatively, we can discuss a cost effective arrangement whereby we maintain the site on your behalf. This will include a Service Level Agreement, where we outline our commitment to you and the responsibilities of both your representatives and ours.
- That’s it! You will now be live on the internet.
How Long Will All This Take?
Depending on the availability of your content, we can generally get your professional website up and running in approximately 6 weeks.
Don't be misled by this timing. In this, we are including a very interactive site, with many functional features. Please don't mistake this for a simple 4-6 page website, which contains only a few pictures and a couple of articles for visitors to read.
Of course, projects that require more extensive, or highly customised programming will take a longer time.